Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: WE MADE OUR GOAL!!

Starobilsk fans: We did it!
We made our $900 goal. And in record time. How can we ever thank you!

I feel like Wolf Blitzer on CNN, bringing you the latest news! The Peace Corps Washington office just notified me of the good news. I had talked to Iryna, the library director, a few days ago, and she showed me a book list she had gotten from a bookstore in Lugansk. She was excited and said she was getting more lists. Dont buy any books yet, I told her. We still have $300 to go. She smiled and said, "The Americans will do it!" How right she was! What great fans you are! I will keep you posted as the book plan unfolds.

Meanwhile, heartfelt thanks for making it possible to
bring English-language books to a little village in eastern Ukraine. What a fantastic gift you have made for today and for future generations!



STAROBILSK HAS ENGLISH BOOKS, THANKS TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment